Operations| Engineering| Product Management
Experienced Operations and Product Manager with a proven track record of more than 20 years leading many different business to business and business to consumer services.
* Led product management of cloud based services, wireless services, and physical products.
* Led the Engineering and Operations of wireless network, e-commerce systems, and billing systems
* Led managing complex P&Ls and multifunctional teams.
* History of correcting failing product lines, integration of acquired products, and creation of stategic partnerships
* Combines operational experience with in depth financial analysis and corporate strategy.
I am currently a Sr. Product Manager over Business Wireless, Mobile Broadband and Prepaid Wireless. I have P&L responsibility for product lines. Responsible for directing all parts of Product Operations including sales, marketing, IT operations, vendor management, billing, supply chain, customer service and project management.Managed vendor, customer, marketing, sales and operations relationships
* Launched several new products and managed a billing system conversion
* My products consistently exceed gross add, churn and revenue goals in an increasingly competitive environment.
* Created new Prepackaged Phone product and distribution channel growing Prepaid Subscribers by 25% in one year.
* Reduced Subscriber activation time from 30 minutes to as low as zero.
I was a key team member on US Cellular’s U-prepaid product launch and Comcast’s prepaid high speed data market trial. For the Comcast product I assessed the market opportunity, target segments, system integration and vendor selection. On the US cellular project I worked with US Cellular in creation of the business requirements on a $100M product launch into Wal-Mart for XIUS.
* Created business plans, product requirements, work flows, use cases, and SOWs
I started a new E911 business with three partners to solve a problem where the industry had petitioned the FCC (PDF) for relief. The business was developed around my Business Plan (PDF) and my patent pending solution (PDF) for Next Generation E 9-1-1 networks.
* Rapidly identified and established strategic business partnerships
* Developed product and integrations with other partners' systems
* Industry expert speaker at many conferences, associations and governmental agencies
At ARN I stabilized existing revenue decline and increased company revenue by 20%
* Developed many new product lines and key partnerships
* Established and managed relationships with tier one, two and three wireless carriers
* Drastically lowered cost by changing vendors and interconnection methods
At VeriSign I led product management of billing system and wireless roaming solutions where I grew the Prepaid Roaming product line by 400% and expanded the business outside the US
* Managed vendor, customer, marketing, sales and operations relationships
* Managed product life-cycle from requirements through end of life.
* Created new business relationships with related billing vendors and managed product integration with 3rd party network, OSS, BSS and POS systems
* Responsible for industry and competitor research and analysis.
At PSC wireless I was the Functional General Manager of prepaid product segment. I implemented a successful retail sales program into convenience stores and other channels that grew prepaid product revenue from $500K to more than $6M annually. In addition:
* Managed technical and business operations
* Integrated billing, internal point of sale and provisioning systems with personally coded PHP/SQL based agent and customer interfaces
* Qualified, purchased, introduced and technically supported $6M in subscriber equipment sales annually. This included retail handset distribution, repair and return
* Led roaming department in negotiating agreements, implementation and operations
* Recruited, trained, and supervised 14 direct report full-time employees
* Key member of due diligence team on sale to Alltel
At PowerTel I led the Engineering, Operations and Maintenance of Cellular AMPS/TDMA and GSM systems where I developed and managed over 4 million in annual construction and an $800,000 operating budget. I built over 100 Nortel and Ericsson cellular and PCS sites and led a complete system overbuild
* Recruited and trained 15 technicians, engineers and roaming coordinators
* Led engineering and operations due diligence team on sale of InterCel division to PSC Wireless