Operations| Engineering| Product Management
Experienced Operations and Product Manager with a proven track record of more than 20 years leading many different business to business and business to consumer services.
* Led product management of cloud based services, wireless services, and physical products.
* Led the Engineering and Operations of wireless network, e-commerce systems, and billing systems
* Led managing complex P&Ls and multifunctional teams.
* History of correcting failing product lines, integration of acquired products, and creation of stategic partnerships
* Combines operational experience with in depth financial analysis and corporate strategy.
For the last year and a half I have been a key player on US Cellular's U-prepaid product launch and Comcast prepaid high speed data (Excel) market trial. For the Comcast product I assessed the market opportunity (PDF) , value propositions, target segments, system integration and vendor selection. On the US cellular project I worked with US Cellular in creation of the business requirements on a $100M product launch into Wal-Mart for XIUS. From these requirements I:
* Created business plans, product requirements, work flows, use cases, and Statements of Work (PDF)
* Managed platform integration including development of XML APIs, Diameter Credit Control (PDF) , Customer Service GUIs, end User Self-Care and other interfaces
I started NSI911 as new E911 business with three partners to solve a problem where the E911 industry had petitioned the FCC (PDF) for relief. The business was developed around my Business Plan (PDF) and my patent pending solution (PDF) for Next Generation E 9-1-1 networks.
* Rapidly identified and established strategic business partnerships
* Developed product and integrations with other partners' systems
* Industry expert speaker at many conferences, associations and governmental agencies
I stabilized existing revenue decline and increased company revenue by 20%
* Developed many new product lines and key partnerships
* Established and managed relationships with tier one, two and three wireless carriers
* Drastically lowered cost by changing vendors and interconnection methods
At VeriSign I led product management of billing system and wireless roaming solutions where I grew the Prepaid Roaming product line by 400% and expanded the business outside the US
* Managed vendor, customer, marketing, sales and operations relationships
* Managed product life-cycle from requirements through end of life.
* Created new business relationships with related billing vendors and managed product integration with 3rd party network, OSS, BSS and POS systems
* Responsible for industry and competitor research and analysis.
At PSC wireless I was the Functional General Manager of prepaid product segment. I implemented a successful retail sales program into convenience stores and other channels that grew prepaid product revenue from $500K to more than $6M annually. In addition:
* Managed technical and business operations
* Integrated billing, internal point of sale and provisioning systems with personally coded PHP/SQL based agent and customer interfaces
* Qualified, purchased, introduced and technically supported $6M in subscriber equipment sales annually. This included retail handset distribution, repair and return
* Led roaming department in negotiating agreements, implementation and operations
* Recruited, trained, and supervised 14 direct report full-time employees
* Key member of due diligence team on sale to Alltel
At PowerTel I led the Engineering, Operations and Maintenance of Cellular AMPS/TDMA and GSM systems where I developed and managed over 4 million in annual construction and an $800,000 operating budget. I built over 100 Nortel and Ericsson cellular and PCS sites and led a complete system overbuild
* Recruited and trained 15 technicians, engineers and roaming coordinators
* Led engineering and operations due diligence team on sale of InterCel division to PSC Wireless